Saturday 4 December 2010

The World Is On Fire...

... & it's more than I can handle.


I know exactly what I want to achieve in this life but whether I have the courage and the strength to do it is another question. I've always had an active role in a lot of aspects of activism but I've always felt comfortable in that role because it is not out of my comfort zone.

When I graduate, with my nursing degree, I hope to go on to do a Masters (and perhaps a PhD) but my heart truly lies in helping the less fortunate. Those who are unable to help themselves due to the life they were born into and that way of living.

It pains me to see people suffer. It is the only thing I will cry for. I just wish there was more I can do but I am just one woman. If only the world wasn't so ignorant & would open its eyes to see how its brothers and sisters are living in despair, lack of hope/joy... just maybe people will start to look after one another and do more for each other.

I just hope I can make a lasting impact on this world, in the sense that I inspire at least one person to put there life to good use & help others... in all aspects.

love & light...♥


"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Current Read: 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being' by Milan Kundera

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis